not often in

Saturday, July 17, 2004

champagne superhangover

urrrgh. today i feel sooo bad. the price to be paid for the moment when a relatively well-behaved friday night of social drinking turned into something worse - an night of drinking champagne... nonstop.
 
time is moving on fast. in 3 weeks i will have left work, and in 4 I will have moved out of my flat.  Then a week or two later, it's off to europe for a while. There's really no plan yet, but I know where I will start and where I want to go. The actual schedule just depends on how things turn out.  It's exciting to look forward to, and I need the change. But there's a certain amount of trepidation too - this isn't just a career break and a holiday; the travelling is not just physical, it's a mental journey too. And that journey is just as important; it will determine what is next.
 
A record just came on the radio that I haven't heard for years but it's a haunting favourite..beth orton's 'touch me with your love' - reminds me of an old girlfriend - good and bad memories mixed together like a raspberry ripple's swirls. or a chocolate bar filled with caramel. 
 
Indeed, as Homer wrote in the Ilyad*, 'mmm..... chocolate......'
 
* probably

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home