not often in

Sunday, February 27, 2005

survivor

there's something about island paradises. You'd think that sipping on fresh coconut juice whilst chilling in a hammock under a palm tree watching the waves would be good. and it is.

But I always have a shit time in island paradises. Admittedly i have only been to two. But in Ko Samui I had the worst sunburn of my life and it put me in bed for 3 days. Needless to say I don't associate happy memories with the place.

And here in the brasilian resort of Morro de Sao Paulo I have succumbed to the infection that I have been trying to stave off with berocca for a couple of days. I have the worst sore throat I can remember; swallowing brings tears to the eyes.

fortunately I am off to a doctor in Salvador early tomorrow to have my stitches removed. I will be begging him for antibiotics. Until then I 'just' have to survive... :(

1 Comments:

  • staying on any quiet island for more than a weekend have always sounded absolutely cruel to me. but well. probably you like it after being there...)

    By Blogger Sherilla Lay, at 12:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home