not often in

Monday, November 08, 2004

a digest of a summary, redux

it turns out there is a name for the buggy-pusher behaviour i mentioned a few posts ago. The Universal Right of Way! :) :) This guy sums it up:

The stroller mom assessed her accessories - baby, waterproof bags, stroller snow tires, Keds - and, deciding she was too good for this kind of abuse and probably possessed the Universal Right of Way, searched her personal menu of suitable responses. She dismissed "controlled silence" or "absent-minded apology" as options and went straight for "establish dominance."

"Excuse me. If I knew you had a cat in your bag, I wouldn't have bumped you!" She then turned to others in line, bugging her eyes, which is semafore for, "am I right or am I fucking right?"

-- * --


A joke that made me laugh, from i:de'o:gramas

-- * --


The Onion rocks. And it has news about policy reform in bush's second term :) I'm not holding my breath that he'll keep his promise on this one....
Depressing: annotated mirror of some of The Onion's 2000 US election satire shows how much of it turned out not to be satire at all :(

-- * --


This one is for orpheus, who likes to blog about toilet experiences :) It seems you are not alone... :)

-- * --


...which is also where with some surprise I discovered that that little squirt Wesley from Star Trek: The Next Generation blogs! And is 30 and slightly less squirty now. Not a bad blog actually - the 'hooters' intro made me smile...

1 Comments:

  • So I guess it was my own fault for reading your blog whilst eating my lunch. Good thing I have a strong stomach.

    I have many other unanswered questions about the human psychology and toilet habits but these are strictly reserved for pub conversation :)

    It is a scary concept that Wesley Crusher is now a grownup and posting his life online. My least favourite Next Gen character ever.
    Next you'll be telling me that Dougie Howser has a blog... A bit after your time perhaps ;)

    By Blogger linz, at 2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home