not often in

Monday, February 28, 2005

the samaritan

today quite a lot of people i know have been receiving an email or an SMS. in some cases both. the sender calls himself mad max.

he's found (or possibly bought from someone else... he doesn't seem too sure) my mobile phone. The one that was taken when those guys used their crowbar on my head.

being a nice chap, and realising that it can be a bit annoying to lose your contact list, he is trying to contact me. Pretty desperately, it would appear from his prodigous output.

the email is the most interesting. it lists a select few contacts from my contact list, and then it goes:
I found Ericcson Sony Smartphone P800.
But i have no idea who is the Owner of this phone.
So i need you to cantact whoever the owner can be and tell him that i have hims phone. I bought this phone from the person who found this Mobile on the street. I know how hard can be losing CellPhone and loosing all contacts. if he need it feel free to contact me on same mail so we can agree.
Thanks for your help. Cya.

P.D. SmartPhone was found in Argentina. Buenos Aires.


sounds like he wants to do a deal. the problem he's going to have is that i don't trust him, and i'm not sending money to someone i don't trust. If I was still in BA I suppose it could be that a deal could be set up (even if the guy turned out to be one of the muggers...) but given I am now in Rio I can't see it.

But I'm intrigued, so I'm going to mail him from a new webmail account I just set up for this purpose. Update to follow :)

NB Guys, can anyone who knows me and gets the SMS or e-mail let me know that you got it, but do not reply to him. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home