not often in

Monday, March 21, 2005

steaming jobbies

i've been back almost 2 weeks and its time to find a job. Depressing as this is it represents the first step to actually sleeping in my own bed. Aside from a few days here and there back at my parents place I seem to be forever sleeping in hostels, spare rooms or on sofas.

So today I went back to my old company who seem quite keen to have me back. This is pretty good but it opens up the big question: do I want to go back. They say you never should. I don't always believe what They say (my mum taught me well) but sometimes They might be right.

Something happened. I'm not superstitious but it could be An Omen. I went to chat to the guy I might replace (he's leaving) and afterwards I chatted to a couple of old friends who work on the same floor. Paul showed me a copy of The Times section 2. Front page article all about people who have taken a year off (leaving their dull jobs behind) but then come back and resumed their careers doing much the same. How hard they find it having treated themselves to an inspirational year only to find themselves back on the very treadmill that depressed them so much the first time around, but this time there's nothing to look forward to.

I wonder what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home